<VV> 8 plate oil cooler side shield question

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 29 11:28:11 EDT 2015

Hi Junk,
The FF cooler can be (externally) cleaned with brake cleaner/carb. spray/awesome IMO. I also use compressed air. This is usually done when off the engine. Once REAL clean it only takes a moment to remove the top cover and verify nothing is there (which is usually the case on my engines).
1962 A/C cars came equipped with the FF cooler.
All FF coolers have the "side shields" built onto them.
A couple of more reasons to use them is they are plentiful (meaning cheap to buy). Also no modifications or difficult parts to be located as in changing to a 12 plate. Just a direct bolt in. Try finding the left lower early damper door shroud for a 12 plate cooler. These are my opinions. Your mileage may vary.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado 81301