<VV> 3-speed reminder

Todd Miller chieftam at aol.com
Wed Sep 9 12:36:48 EDT 2015

My father's car, I was with him when he bought new in May of 1969, was a LeMans Blue 69 Monza Convertible, with a 140 hp and a 3-speed.  I took my drivers test with this car in 1971, and it was a lot of fun to drive.  After my father died in 1986, the car was sold.  I found it (it was listed in the 69 fact book, with some help by looking for convertibles of LeMans Blue with the 140 hp and the 3-speed.  I believe there were only two listed in the book.  The car was in Southern Iowa in around 2000, owned by a retired dentist who had it inside.  It was very rusty but he was going to restore it for his grand daughter.  I offered to buy it, but wouldn't pay $6K for a bunch of rust, even if it was my dad's.  I don't know if it was every restored, probably not, or if it even still exists, but it was a fairly rare bird.  So now, I have a 69 Monza Convertible, LeMans Blue, 110 hp, but it has the 4-speed.

Todd in MN
Corvair MN