<VV> Speaking of Skinny Wheels... (was: 60-62 hubcaps)

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Sep 25 17:13:03 EDT 2015

Bob, I rarely get to correct you, but, my friend's 1964 194 six Nova is
factory equipped with 13" 5 lug wheels. He bought it used with only 19K
miles on it. so I doubt the wheels were ever changed.

Also, a quick internet search turned up stock tires for 62 to 64 Chevy IIs
and Nova's (the 400 trim level of Chevy II) are all 13 inch.

1965 is the transition year of both 13 and 14 inch tires.

On an unrelated note, I rebuilt a 154 cu in four in a friend's 69 Nova. It
was hard to keep running before the rebuild, as all four holes were worn
over .060"! Four sleeves later...

Frank DuVal

Original email: