<VV> Alternater mounting bolts

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Thu Nov 3 20:49:46 EDT 2016

I'll agree it must vary significantly.  I've only had issues on one car and it was a bear.  I had to find a really short thin socket and the interference with the top shroud still made it bind before it came all the way out which made it even more fun to replace.  I don't ever remember thinking about it before that car.
Modern cars usually have lots of things that are much more difficult to get at than Corvairs.  Fords that the fuel injection rails have to come off to get at the spark plugs and several others that pretty much have to take the top of the engine off to change the starter.  Corvairs are super easy.

Joel McGregor