<VV> Adjusting front drum brakes on '62

Danny Davis corsa180gt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 07:46:30 EDT 2017

The self adjusting system, when properly set up works when backing up.
No need to slam the brakes, if there is enough clearance, the shoes move
the lever arm which clicks the adjuster wheel.
This presumes that the system is working exactly as it should.  Often that
adjuster at the bottom is not in great condition.I
It needs to be clean and very lightly lubed so it can easily turn.  I use
"dry lubricant" after I get the assembly off the car and cleaned up
thoroughly.
Also have to pay attention to the stamped marking and get the adjuster on
the correct sided.  One is Left and one is Right.

 Danny Davis
Graham    WA
 206-643-6718