<VV> Cord project

shaun_mcgarvey at shaw.ca shaun_mcgarvey at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 16 19:25:25 EST 2017

If I recall correctly, my friend's CordVair had an early model Powerglide shift lever mounted sideways under the dash to the right of the steering column...
Sent from my LG Mobile
------ Original message------From: N2VZD--- via VirtualVairs Date: Mon, Jan 16, 2017 11:39 AMTo: virtualvairs at corvair.org;Cc: Subject:Re:  Cord project
Thank you for ANY pictures shared.I am plugging along slow but sure .It is hard to find any area with strength on the lower edge of this dash. Another point I have mentioned before , If you get into any motors that  have not been run in several (we think this one was back in 95ish?) Take the top  off and look for rust on the crank and rods. The rust is an abrasive , sloths  off and gets pumped to the bearings and lifters. It is worth taking top off for  a look , probably needs a blower bearing anyhow.  If rusty , take pan off  and wash things down, then pray you got it all.This is otherwise a @10,000 mile car. I pulled one rod cap to look  and crank looks new. ser # S7SRegards, Tim Colson       _______________________________________________This message was sent by the VirtualVairs mailing list, all copyrights are the propertyof the writer, please attribute properly. For help, mailto:vv-help at corvair.orgThis list sponsored by the Corvair Society of America, http://www.corvair.org/Post
  messages to: VirtualVairs at corvair.orgChange your options: http://www.vv.corvair.org/mailman/options/virtualvairsArchives: http://www.vv.corvair.org/archive.htm _______________________________________________