<VV> Mike Mann

Byron LaMotte bhlamotte at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 06:24:56 EST 2017

Wish I had know this guy!

On Friday, March 3, 2017, kevin nash via VirtualVairs <
virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:

> I got to know Mike Mann from being on fastvairs - I think I pm'ed him
once asking him some questions
> about his thoroughly awesome Corvair powered kit car.... then, (of
course!) we'd end up emailing each other back and forth for a week or so,
then the conversation would sort of burn out. Until the next big topic
invariably came up, then the cycle would start all over again.... Sheesh
that kit car he built was some fierce badaxx Turbo Corvair symbol of hot
rod awesomeness!! do it yourself, check, impressive
> performance from a antique engine and turbo platform that was never meant
to do what he got it to do, check. Build quality, check. Extra credit for
pushing the damn thing hard enough once in a while
> to find out what it wouldn't do, and he had bent rods and pounded out
ring lands to prove it! cool!
> All part of the deal doing what he was doing! Where he's going Corvairs
never blow up, no matter how much boost you throw at them.... He was one
cool dude, and I'm already missing him!!

vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/