<VV> Speaking of sway bars.......

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Sun Dec 1 00:14:47 EST 2019

You'd be amazed how much movement there is in modern rubber. I operate
some buses with independent front suspension, and the top & bottom arms
are held in Metalastic bushes all round. The thickness of rubber is far
less than an anti-roll bar (or sway bar) bushing, but they never come
un-glued. I have been operating these vehicles for over twenty five
years and never yet had to change any of the lower arm bushes. They were
manufactured in 1986 and 1988 respectively, and these lower bushes are
certainly original - now over thirty years old - been bouncing up & down
for well over a million miles. Top ones I've replaced once or twice over
the years.