<VV> More electrical

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Tue Dec 31 21:25:42 EST 2019

I really stepped in it today.  This kinda like a barn find car I been toying with needs lots of TLC before it goes to state inspection.  One requirement , forced air defrosters.  The fan didn’t run.  Using the incomplete 62 schematic and the complete but wrong 63schematic shop manuals I finally established the hi position of the switch was bad.  OK no problem.  I’ll just pull the switch and repair it.  As Santa would say, ho ho ho.  After half a day jamming my antiquated butt under the dash to take the heat controller out I find the switch is secured to it with a couple of tungsten carbide fasteners that were designed to never come out again.  Anybody else ever done this?

Sent from my iPad