<VV> brake help

Jim corvair at frontiernet.net
Wed Jan 16 18:29:56 EST 2019

I've replaced everything in the brake system of my '69 in the past, and as
Hugo says, keep pumping.  You start with the wheel cylinder farthest from
the master, which, I believe for the rear is on the passenger side.  For the
front, it's also the passenger side.

For the record, I've been using the DOT 5 silicone fluid in all of my
Corvairs for decades with no problems.  I have, however, replaced all of the
components when I started using DOT 5. I can't say whether it won't start to
leak or not if used in a rebuilt system.

Jim Bartasevich

There are two kinds of statistics:  the kind you look up and the kind you
make up. - Rex Stout