<VV> Compressibility of DOT-5 (Silione based brake fluid)

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Sun Jan 27 16:32:07 EST 2019

Or just stick with the old stuff & save all the bother? ;-)
On the subject of DoT numbers, there is plenty of scope for confusion.
My understanding, and I could be wrong, is that DoT 4 is the same as DoT
3 but with a higher boiling point? DoT 5.1 is the same stuff but higher
temp still? And DoT 5 is the completely different silicone stuff. Is
that correct?
I also have a bottle of 'synthetic' brake fluid somewhere, whatever
that may be.