<VV> Valve lifter noise

Geoffrey Stozek gjjs at att.net
Mon Jan 28 22:12:17 EST 2019

 I have a 110 fc motor in a 62 Monza Wagon which does the same thing but only sometimes.  I assume it happens when suspect lifter valve is in the open or part open position when the motor is shut off.  The pressure from the valve spring forces the oil out of the lifter when it sits over night and does not pump up immediately when next started.    I haven't tried adjusting the valves but I think I should try that before replacing the noisy lifter..
Jeff