<VV> Zddp

Paul Fox paulvair at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 30 20:07:04 EST 2019

 Richard Wildman is the on line expert about it. There are few oils which can work in our cars these days that you can just buy off the shelf. Last I heard the levels have dropped down around 800ppm. We need an SL rated oil at 1000ppm minimum on a stock engine (even more if you have stiffer valve springs) once it's broken in. Safer with 1200. In order to get that much you'll have to order it. There are some that have to much (like 1800) as well. There are a number of interesting articles on the subject you can find out more on line. I've been using Valvoline synthetic VR1 10W-30 racing oil. It has about 1400ppm and can handle the extra heat our engines put out. It has enough detergents for street use as well racing applications. Pep boys on E. Washington St. will often order it for me. Otherwise I order it from Summit Racing or Amazon. Expect to pay about $10 per quart. Not cheap but what does a new engine cost?Paul Fox