<VV> Coil voltage

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Tue Mar 19 04:44:32 EDT 2019

Is there a resistor for the coil? That will indeed drop the voltage to
the coil in the 'run' position, but I'm not sure if a voltmeter will
pick that up. The meter will not draw enough current to 'activate' the
resistor, which will only restrict the voltage when you are trying to
squeeze a large enough current through it.
Also, would you get ANY reading when the points are closed? I would
have expected zero volts? These are just my thoughts, not gospel. And
this doesn't explain the symptoms anyway. It will only run with the ign
timing way advanced? That makes no sense. How far advanced? Has anybody
checked the centrifugal advance in the distributor? Get a good timing
light on it & see what you find.