<VV> Maps

Mike Kost kmkost at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 5 10:40:47 EDT 2020

One of the things which gets confusing to many people is it seems
traffic engineers have new ideas on what makes a good intersection. It
takes several years for those new ideas to make their way into common
usage and people to start understanding how to use them. The current new
ideas in the US are the Diverging Diamond which crosses all traffic over
each other before and after an overpass so that turns onto an interstate
are not crossing oncoming traffic. The other current fad here (common in
much of the rest of the world) is the traffic circle. Unfortunately many
that I see are too small.

Mike Kost