<VV> oil choice

Randy (Cap'n) Hook judynrandy at comcast.net
Wed Aug 5 19:19:20 EDT 2020

Hi Dave,
For my 2 cents worth about what oil to use........I've used nothing but Amsoils' 15w-40 Heavy Duty Diesel and Marine Oil (Stock # AME) since 1981 when a Navy buddy suggested it because the emphasis was on "HEAVY DUTY'.  I lucked out as it also has among the highest levels of ZDDP of any oil that Amsoil sells.
It also has a 25,000 mile drain interval, as well.  I also used it in my '63 Spyder I drove to California and back,  back in 1994 when I graduated from Penn State with a degree in Theater Arts.  I wanted to take a stab at the big time acting world, and like most everybody else, got ground up and spit out.  You just about have to "sell your soul" to make it in the acting world.  Which i'm NOT willing to do.  Amsoil also sells a "by-pass" filter that filters all the dirt out of your oil, down to less than 1 micron in particle size and the oil comes back out analytically clean.  A fringe benefit of the by-pass filter is that not only does it remove the dirt, but it also removes engine heat from the oil as it travels through the filters and hoses.  Both my daily driver corvairs have them installed.
If interested, let me know and i'll talk your ear off with testimonials about how good the stuff really is.

Randy (Cap'n) Hook