<VV> Old Oil

FrankDuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Aug 6 22:20:20 EDT 2020

Mostly an "old wives tale".

Just like all new things, someone has an issue and blames it on the new
product. Tells all his friends, due to the 9/1 complaint rule.* See
issues with DOT 5 in vehicles. Usually just operator error in filling
the fluid full of air bubbles from improper bleeding techniques. Or,
"Don't use detergent oil in an old engine that ran non-detergent all its
life". Usually an engine that was already worn out and now that it
failed after detergent oil was put in it, must have been the oil's
problem, not the already worn out parts!

Just use the same viscosity synthetic that you used in dino oil. If you
use 0-20 in a worn engine, I would expect it to leak more....

The synthetics for tighter clearances are the 0-20, 0-30 etc oils.

*If you have great service form a company, you might tell one person. If
you have a bad experience, you might tell 9 people!

Frank DuVal