<VV> Old Oil

tony.. tony.underwood at cox.net
Fri Aug 7 14:56:16 EDT 2020

Just a quick comment:

Back when, I used Kendall GT1 oil (the green stuff) in the first '66
Plymouth Satellite with a much modified bigblock engine (426 wedge). I
ran that engine pretty hard sometimes, more than a few times the tach
went past 7200 rpm. That's when the valves floated.  The engine took the
abuse and never suffered any ill effects.

Brad Penn oil is the same formula as the old school Kendall GT1 (which
is nothing like the Kendall modern GT1 oil which looks like average
amber colored motor oil.

The Brad Penn "Pennsylvania Grade" oil is not from PA.  Most of their
oil wells dried up many years ago, which is a shame since the PA crude
was best for making lubricants and not motor fuels, helped out by the
high paraffin content, I'm told.  Now the PA Grade oils are refined to
the same content as the old school PA oils, and Brad Penn is one, along
with the same content-formula as the original Kendall GT1 oil which was
kinda trademarked by its green color.

Far as I know, the original "green oil" Kendall GT1 was the only oil
specifically recommended by name in the instructions for breaking in a
new Isky camshaft.  Brad Penn would be nice to use if there was an
outlet within 100 miles of me...

tony..

--
https://www.avg.com