<VV> Has anybody made a plastic rear window for a LM?

Charles Sadek Chsadek at comcast.net
Fri Aug 7 20:26:56 EDT 2020

Hi Paul,

I used Lexan-polycarbonate is required for a race car. For the rear, 1/8th" (?) allowed. I used a glass back glass/rear window for my pattern and buck. Black plastic under and surrounded the glass next to the garage in the sun. This for a heat absorber. Clamped Lexan on top of  glass, kept adding clamps letting sun and heat do the softening to bend to the glass. I don't recall how long it took but a few days as I didn't want to break the glass.
I am told one can bend Lexan with a careful application of a torch or propane if one could get a big enough (in area) flame. I have seen it done applying a torch to Plexiglas.
I wasn't able to bend a thicker front Lexan "windshield". I had to buy that already made.

Chuck Sadek
540 273 5544