<VV> Maybe the starter.

FrankDuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Aug 8 22:20:46 EDT 2020

I have rebuilt many a starter, and not just on Corvairs. Lots of GM types.

Brushes and bushings easy. Next is replacing the drive. Sometimes the
yoke/lever needs replacing, sometimes just reversing it, /IF/ it is
symmetrical.

The nose also gets cracked, easy to see, and replaced. Another reason I
pick up used starters for Corvairs when I see them going in the trash!

I count the solenoid as a separate repair than the starter..... I had a
Delco distributor in town who carried the big terminals! Of course the
first time you open the solenoid, you just turn the terminals around to
the good spots.

Frank DuVal