<VV> Maybe the starter.

James Davis hurricanehazel16 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 11:32:20 EDT 2020

I would suspect vapor lock as a major problem also.  I had my first vapor
lock problem after a ferry trip on the NC coast with the 140 Corsa (May
1965).  Run hard to meet the ferry schedule; then a 10 minute trip on the
ferry to the other shore.  The Corsa started and ran to the ramp where it
died; not to restart.  A couple of people helped push the Corsa out to the
approach to the ramp.  I found an empty coke bottle and filled it with
sound water and poured it on the fuel pump and 5/16" fuel line.  The Corsa
started right up and ran fine for the rest of a trip. I started carrying a
full water bottle in the spare tire center along with a quart of oil for
the rest of the 7,500 mile trip   When I got back to Lubbock, TX, the first
thing I did was instal an electric fuel pump up near the fuel tank with a
switch on the dash.  318,000+ miles later, pump and switch are still there
and I use it to prime the carbs before every trip and turn the pump after
fueling up until I get-up to speed.
Jim Davis.