<VV> Has anybody made a plastic rear window for a LM?

gsteve at hammatt.com gsteve at hammatt.com
Sun Aug 9 16:22:05 EDT 2020

http://www.racingshields.com is the corrected URL.  Just a spelling error (coM not coN)
Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA

-----Original Message-----
From: VirtualVairs <virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org> On Behalf Of Paul Fox via VirtualVairs
Sent: Sunday, August 9, 2020 6:04 AM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org; John Beck <jb30343 at windstream.net>
Subject: Re: <VV> Has anybody made a plastic rear window for a LM?

 There is a company called Shields that makes them in polycarbonate for the Corvair. http://www.racingshields.con or call 1-800-554-7527. See them every year at the PRI show in Indy. I think they are located in IN also.Paul Fox
    On Saturday, August 8, 2020, 11:35:13 AM EDT, John Beck via VirtualVairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:

 You can bend polycarbonate (Lexan) cold.  It takes a fair amount of force but the material will take a pretty sharp bend without any damage.  I've done ~30 degree ~1/2" radius bends in 1/4" material using a press brake at room temperature.  --J.B.

This message was sent by the VirtualVairs mailing list, all copyrights are the property of the writer, please attribute properly. For help, mailto:vv-help at corvair.org This list sponsored by the Corvair Society of America, http://www.corvair.org/ Post messages to: VirtualVairs at corvair.org Change your options: http://www.vv.corvair.org/mailman/options/virtualvairs