<VV> Seat locks

hallgrenn at aol.com hallgrenn at aol.com
Mon Aug 10 12:44:31 EDT 2020

In reference to Richard's and Hugo's seat comments my plans (so many plans) are to add seat locks to my '65 from a late '60s Fisher body car (Corvair, Firebird, Camaro, etc) before reupholstering.  In my experience, even spirited driving with heavy braking, the unlocked seat back wasn't a major problem as Hugo feels though Velvettouch brakes allowed me to feel the seat back's pressure.  Kinetic energy affects everything.My first '65 was totalled when a farm tractor with metal weights and water filled tires pulled in front of me.  The Monza was shortened so much that the floor beneath the brake and clutch pedals was pushed up.  With no shoulder belt to restrain my upper body I remember how that unlocked seat back pushed me forward.  That trunk really is a great crush zone (but that non collapsible steering shaft will come up to greet you.....).
Bob