<VV> Synthetic oils (Paul Fox)

Michael Mauro mikeamauro at aol.com
Mon Aug 10 10:36:03 EDT 2020

Agreed, Paul, using synthetic oil, in our hot-running air-cooled Vairs, is the way to go. Synthetics hold their viscosity and lubrication properties (much better than "dino" oils), under high-load and high-heat conditions. I used to use Mobil1, adding a ZDDP supplement. Most recently, now that Vavoline has made their full-synthetic racing oil suitable for "passenger" car use, I'm now using their VR-1 (full-synthetic), high-zinc, 10W/30 racing oil. My 67, A/Ced, PG, 110 coupe really likes it... upon 1st use, I immediately noticed less mechanical noise...especially on cold start up... reduced (nearly zero) oil consumption (even after a hard highway run; read: 70+ mph for several hundred miles), and NO oil leaks.
Mike Mauro
1967, 110, PG, Factory Air, 2-door, 500 coupe