<VV> Something to argue about

H Smith vairologist at cox.net
Mon Aug 10 16:20:52 EDT 2020

I noted a quick comment on replacing old seat belts with new ones as a safety measure.  This is not an argument against that.  Merely an observation on a subject I found most interesting.  The son of a friend of mine chose as his colledge thesis the testing of auto lap belts.  He toured junk yards to find the most abused belts possible.  Ones that had been stuffed under the rear seat of a sedan and lain in a rusty puddle till the bottom fell out.  Others that had frayed extensively from running through the Guide loop on a “B” post.  Still others that had been soaked in heaven knows what liquid.  You get the idea.  All belts collected were subjected to Gradual strain and snapping strain on a Strain machine until they broke.  Every belt passed all Federal requirements for new belt duraility.
Next subject, space saver tires on LSR cars at Bonneyville.

Sent from my iPad