<VV> Safety

Vairtec Corporation vairtec at optimum.net
Wed Aug 12 12:20:52 EDT 2020

My take on modern car safety is simply that the cars are too quiet.

Driving on the freeway, a regular sight is SUVs being driven by soccer
moms on their cell phones while drinking a latte and swatting at the
bairns fighting in the back seat... at 80 mph!

(Lest you think that I am a sexist pig, the men are no better. Actually,
the women are remarkably capable of multitasking at the wheel, while a
simple mobile phone call can turn the men into erratic highway squirrels.)

Modern cars' comfort and performance is wonderful, and I like it.  But I
think the cars should have built-in noise and vibration that kicks in
at, say 70 mph, and makes it feel like a 1963 Falcon with worn
suspension bushings.  When the driver slows down, and serenity returns.

:-)