<VV> 5 speed transmission

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Fri Aug 21 13:35:50 EDT 2020

A 4-speed is fine with me.  A close ratio 5-speed would be a bit better for
curvy, back road driving, but not worth the cost and fabrication (to me).
I usually drive 75-80 on the interstate (4,000 rpm at 80, 3.55 diff
gearing).  I've installed a lot of sound deadening, so noise isn't a major
issue.  My wife and I can have a normal conversation with the windows down
at 80.  Interestingly, my wife's Miata with 5-speed runs the same rpm in
5th as the Corvair in 4th.

Dave Keillor