<VV> Electric Fuel Pump Wiring

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Wed Jan 15 04:53:56 EST 2020

That's right - that's all you need to do to get going again. Normally a
light tap will get them started again. Then when you get home you
replace the points and you're good for another five or ten years. My
point is that thee pumps will always get you home, then it's a
five-minute fix to replace the points. That's why all the quality
British cars used to use them - Aston Martin, Jaguar, Rolls Royce etc.
For some years SU pumps have had capacitors fitted across the points to
greatly extend their life.