<VV> FC Engine Wiring Harness

Brian bmoneill at juno.com
Thu Jul 23 19:18:15 EDT 2020

Of helping a fellow club member with his 1961 FC.  It's my first time working on any wiring on an early model.  His engine wiring harness was a mess!  So we ordered a new one.  All my experience has been with late-model wiring harnesses where the resistance wire doubles back on itself and does not directly connect to the coil.  This new wiring harness has only one wire that will reach to the coil and that is a fabric covered resistance wire!  I'm a little confused.  Is the coil receiving less than 12 V all the time?  Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.