<VV> How to destroy a carb float the easy way

Grant gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 28 17:49:10 EST 2021

Here is a cut and paste from the Race 1 website. I only know what I saw and read :-). There are some pictures of crushed floats on their site,
Grant

"The float inside of your carburetor is a delicate component and can be damaged easily. Common causes of damaged floats are:
* Attempting to start your engine with a sealed carb hat in place. The vacuum created by the engine will cause the float to implode and/or distort.
* During the process of changing valve springs, the airing of the cylinders, with a sealed carb hat in place—the air can crush the float if air leaks past the valve.
* Filling the float bowls with a squeeze bottle. NOTE: If you fill the bowls in this manner, do not seal the squeeze bottle to the vent tube.
* Puff back or backfire through the carb. Commonly from late timing or a lean condition, the engine will 'sneeze' out the carburetor. If float levels have changed after a 'sneeze,' you should remove the bowls and inspect the floats."