<VV> Corsa dash gauges question

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 6 19:45:50 EDT 2010

Hi Joe,
   An ammeter tells you how much current is passing thru it, charging (+) or discharging (-), a Voltmeter tells how much voltage is available and that is really what you need to know. If your battery and charging system is OK, it will show 12-12.7 Volts before starting engine and 13-14 volts with the engine running. I installed my first one (VDO), on a Corsa dash, back on 1974 and is stiil working fine. Have voltmeters on all my Corvairs and think ammeters were Ok back on 40s and 50s when voltmeters were not easily available.
   None of the available ones are a bolt on but easy to adapt. Mine (in the Corsa dash) is installed where the vacuum/pressure gauge was, as my car hasn't a turbo engine. An oil pressure gauge is installed where the clock was.

Daniel Monasterio