<VV> Restoration - DIY is $atisfying

Ted Duke teduke at embarqmail.com
Sun Aug 8 19:17:46 EDT 2010

  My wife and I did a headliner on a VW convertible.  98% perfect, only
WE could see the places that weren't right.

It was good enough that when my son wrecked it (he recovered, the VW
didn't) a man who needed a new top for his VW paid for the tow (with a
dolly to movethe remains no less) in exchange for the top.  The only
other good items were the left side fenders and the door and the engine
lid.  Big cedar trees are tough.

Point is that amateurs CAN do a headliner.  It takes guts (me), patience
(my wife) and lots of care.  We will likel do it again someday on the 62
vert waiting for restoration.

Ted

P. S. She'll say NO!  But, she'll do it.