<VV> more brakes: question

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Aug 14 00:24:40 EDT 2010

Ray, I have noticed the same as Smitty, the shoes are larger than they
used to be. Maybe the reliner thinks we all have turned drums? And not
just Corvairs either. I have ground a little off adjusters with a slim
grinding wheel (muffler cutter) to get the drums to turn when at minimum
adjustment.

The art of arcing shoes was way before my time! ggg

As far as the pedal going to the floor, are the rear shoes adjusted
tight, well, not as tight as the front too tight ones! If the front
circuit is open, like with your failed wheel cylinder, the master pedal
should stop before it hits the floor.

Test MC on car. With one circuit open, the other should still work, just
way closer to the floor.

Is it possible the rear circuit was never bled of all the air?

Frank DuVal