<VV> Corvair and OBD, EFI, etc

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 16 02:13:51 EDT 2010

Charlie,

So can we all - and (to me) it's a good "smell" - odor actually.

CCE participated in a particular parade in an unnamed local burb of Chicago
until 3 or 4 years ago.  We usually had a dozen of more cars and were near
the start of the parade celebrating the start of the school year.

We quit that parade after a complaint from a (lone SFAIK) parent about the
"smell" and the "unsafe" hydrocarbons.  They wanted to put us in the very
LAST position (after the street sweepers picked up the horse manure?).
Despite our defense that the cars were all using modern (unleaded) fuel, the
complaint continued.

We went elsewhere for our parade with no complaints since.  Oh, now we get
paid (club treasury) for being there!

Later, JR

CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110