<VV> : Toyota - no Vair, just a theory ?

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Mon Aug 16 05:06:47 EDT 2010

Not really a dumb question, but watch the following video for instructions
on how to stop a Prius. WARNING! But if you are offended by foul language,
please disregard this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ4PtafRB9c

I found the link to this originally on Prius Chat.com.
And yes, my daily driver is a Prius, averaging 50 mpg, and in the 33,000
miles I have driven it so far have had no brake failures or runaway
acceleration. I also know how to stop the car!

Gary Swiatowy

From: Ken Clark <kcvair at hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: <VV> Toyota - no Vair, just a theory ?

I have a dumb question while we're on the Toyota subject.  Why don't these
people turn off the ignition when it starts to "run away" or throw it into
neutral.  Is the car so sophisticated this can't be done?  Just wondering,
no one has brought this up that I've heard.  Ken