<VV> Control Corvair Engine WAS Toyota - some Corvair

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Mon Aug 16 07:50:31 EDT 2010

It would require a lot of 'busy' work but it would not be that much of a trick.  One would need a donor car then transfer all the electronics into a stripped out Corvair, a piece at a time.  Hot Rodders have been doing this for years.  BUT ... I would have to think there would be some problems revolving around the operating temperature of a Corvair engine., in fact, I would have to believe it would be a deal killer.
Ken P

***********************************
Charles Lee <Chaz at ProperProper.com> wrote:

All of this could be true and even likely.

After dealing with all the complexities of OBD-II on my Fords, victims of
'vehicular car-slaughter', I realize the value of all those devices, and
wonder how they could be applied to Corvairs ?

Corvairs, are luckily, not subject to smog controls (yet), but what if they
change that ?

All this talk about electronic ignition etc not being worth the perceived
benefit (depending on who's talking) makes me wonder if it wouldn't be an
interesting project to control a Corvair engine as precisely as modern
engines ?

Let's hope we don't get any 'runaway Corvairs' in the process, which, the
complexities involved, is not a trivial matter.

An interesting idea nonetheless - any takers ?
Charlie