<VV> Rat rod a steering Box

rbuckridge at comcast.net rbuckridge at comcast.net
Fri Aug 27 16:15:50 EDT 2010

I would stay away from a Rat Rod steering box unless you get the whole story.

By rat Rod, they could mean any old hot rod made of of all sorts of odd ball stuff and if the guy was using a Corvair front end, MAYBE the box would be OK.

If the box had already been reversed, then I believe it is NO GOOD for Corvairs. I never looked into exactly what they do to reverse it.

All I do know is about a year ago, I had a hot rod outfit contact me looking to buy 8 - 10 steering boxes that they were going to convert. They were offering $75.00 a box, used as is. When I informed them that Clark's put a core value of $125.00 a box, they said they would meet that price.

Roy - Bayshore