<VV> Really not the right forum

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Sun Jul 19 15:17:04 EDT 2020

I did say I was referring to the UK. HK flu killed about 80,000 over
two years; this corona thing has killed about 45,000 last time I looked.
So despite all the negative propaganda about the US figures, the death
tol per head of popuation is half that of the UK.
Two other factors to be taken into consideration are the massive
over-reporting of covid deaths, which are variously described as "covid
related" or people who have died "with" the virus, or deaths "conected
to" the virus, or of those "who have tested positive" for the virus. If
they just reported those who had actually died FROM the virus, we might
get a truer picture.
  And if you strip out the over-75's, those in care homes and diabetics
fom the figures, the risk of dying from it is less than one tenth of the
'official' figures.
Those are the numbers. Dispute them if you wish. But don't try to blind
me with emotional appeals.