<VV> U-joint torque

John Beck jb30343 at windstream.net
Tue Nov 10 11:32:37 EST 2020

Torque wrench dude might be overdoing it but he's likely the guy I would
want working on my car.  When I bought my Toyota 4Runner, I had to
prepay for 2 years of dealer maintenance.  I brought it in at the first
service interval.  When I got home, I checked the torque on the lug
nuts.  They ranged from 45 - 95 foot pounds.  The dealer gave me some
lame excuse about maybe their torque wrench needed to be calibrated.
The first batch of F-111 fighters was rejected by the Air Force because
General Dynamics didn't provide a torque specification for a specific
fastener.  General Dynamics solved their problem.  I think Performance
Toyota is beyond help.  --J.B.