<VV> Not worried

Lonny Clark lclarkpdx at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 14:48:21 EDT 2020

More important even than the weight is the modern designs where safety is a
primary consideration.

Check the 2009 versus 1959 Impala crash test:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_r5UJrxcck

Pay attention to how the car collapsed around the driver in the '59, but
not in the newer vehicle. And that '59 impala weighs a lot more than any
Corvair. The Corvair has the trunk as a crumple zone and unibody
construction, but those are really the only advantages it has over older
designs.

Lonny Clark